Ghulam Mustafa (Khawaja)Director
Ghulam Mustafa aka (G.M.Khawaja) is an immigration lawyer specialising in Asylum, Immigration and Nationality Law. He is a Director of Law Lane Solicitors Limited.
Ghulam Mustafa is a well-known lawyer in the community. He has been working in the legal sector since 2005 when he started working with a west London based solicitor firm. From 2005 till 2010, Mr Mustafa worked with various firms in London and gained first-hand experience under the supervision of his seniors.
Ghulam Mustafa completed his LLB(Hons) with University of Wales and graduated in 2010. He studied at Buckinghamshire New University and completed his Master studies (LLM).
Ghulam Mustafa obtained his authorisation to practise in the Immigration law in 2011 and since 2013 he has appeared in various courts and successfully represented clients in various types of Immigration & Human Rights cases.
He started his own practice in London in 2011 and since then he has assisted clients in all types of Immigration related matters. Mr Mustafa joined Law Lane Solicitors in 2015 as a Director/partner and he is one of the senior director within the firm and has a very senior role & responsibilities within the firm.
Areas of Expertise
UK Immigration, Asylum, Nationality & EU Law
Mustafa has an extensive experience in the field of Immigration & Asylum Law.
Mr Mustafa has appeared in the followings tribunals in the UK:
- Immigration & Asylum Chamber (Taylor House) London
- Richmond Magistrate Court, (IAC) London
- Hatton Cross Chamber (IAC) London
- Immigration & Asylum Chamber, Manchester
- Immigration & Asylum Chamber, Bradford
- Immigration & Asylum Chamber, Stoke on Trent
He has represented clients in the following serious matters in the UK:
- Immigration Deception Cases
- Marriages of Convenience Cases
- Bails & Deportations Cases
- TOEIC Certificate Fraud Cases
- Fake Documents Cases
He has obtained experience in criminal and family law, but now has a specialised and successful immigration practice. Ghulam Mustafa’s work often involves a combination of family, criminal, property and immigration law.
Mr Mustafa work involves representing applications for the following:
- Entry clearance
- Family life applications
- Asylum claims and family reunification Accredited
- European Economic Area (EEA) applications
- Points based immigration applications Accredited
- Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals
- Advocacy in the Immigration Tribunals Accredited
- Human Rights & Complicated Immigration Matters
- Asylum & Discretionary Leave Cases
- Admin Reviews/Reconsideration matters
Mr Mustafa has a very broad experience in working with a wide range of vulnerable clients including victims of torture, victims of domestic violence and trafficking. He has successfully challenged decisions made by the Secretary of State for the Home Department over the years.
Ghulam Mustafa has extensive experience in a wide range of matters. This includes cases representing clients in:
- Divorce & Financial settlements
- Cohabitation issues
- Domestic violence & occupation disputes;
- Private Law children proceedings, including residence, prohibited steps, specific issues and child arrangement applications
- Public Law children matters involving cases against local authorities, including interim care & Supervision Orders, Emergency Protections Orders, Adoption and Placement Orders
- Voluntary Care Agreements Under Section 20 of the Children Act; and
- Applications for Special Guardianship and Parental Responsibility.
It is vital to take expert legal advice on property-related matters, whether it is buying or selling your home, leasing property for business or buying property as an investment. Mr Mustafa has relatively good experience in dealing with the following:
- Residential Conveyancing (buying/selling)
- Commercial Conveyancing
- Leasehold Extensions, Enfranchisement & Right To Manage
- Buy to Let (for both novice & experienced property investors)
- First Time Buyers
- Right to Buy
- Shared Ownership Schemes
Mr Mustafa has dealt with numerous cases that arise between business partners, directors and shareholders because there are no clear, concise and comprehensible documents setting out respective roles, duties and obligations of each. Mr Mustafa work to endeavour to minimise the risk of any disputes between parties by providing you with the documents you need to assist the commencement of your business and business relationship, with the least fuss.
Mr Mustafa has dealt with the following type of matters, including:
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Shareholder’s Agreement
- Director’s Service Contracts
- Employment Contracts
- Terms of Business
- Retention of Title Clauses
- Asset Sale Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Share Sale Agreements
Wills and Probate
Mr Mustafa has vast expertise in this area such as handling the following:
- Contesting a will
- Estate administration (probate/intestacy)
- Writing or updating a will
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Family Break up wills
- Making a will – trust and trustees
- Wills tenants in common
- Dealing with an estate
Mr Mustafa has handled cases such as police station matters. He has been involved in cases covering a wide range of offences from road traffic, through to major cases concerning violence to the person, sexual offences, fraud related cases.
Mr Mustafa bring to the firm extensive experience of commercial law and invaluable litigation experience having worked in the private sector for number of years. Mr Mustafa has experience in dealing with a wide range of commercial and civil work.
His areas of expertise include; company and business affairs, commercial property, business contracts, intellectual property, civil and commercial litigation, ADR- dispute resolution, commercial and corporate disputes, contractual disputes, partnership director and shareholder disputes, individual bankruptcy and company insolvency, wrongful trading, director liabilities and property litigation.
He has considerable amount of experience in settling cases out of court without the need to litigate.