GHULAM MUSTAFA (KHAWAJA)
Ghulam Mustafa is a practising lawyer specialising in various areas of law but mainly deals with Asylum, Immigration, Nationality Law and Human Rights. He has vast expertise in Family law, Personal Injury, Wills and Probate Law. He is a Director of Law Lane Solicitors Limited.
Ghulam Mustafa completed his LLB(Hons) with University of Wales and graduated in 2010. He studied at Buckinghamshire New University and completed his Master studies (LLM). He studied Legal Practice Course (LPC) with University of Law in London.
Ghulam Mustafa is a well-known lawyer in the community. He has been working in the UK legal sector since 2005 when he started working with a west London based solicitor firm. From 2005 till 2010, Mr Mustafa worked with various Law firms in London and gained first-hand experience under the supervision of his seniors.
He started his own practice in London in 2011 and since then he has assisted clients in all types of Immigration, Asylum related matters. Before joining Law Lane Solicitors, Mr Mustafa was also authorised to practise under the OISC at the highest level (Level 3). Mr Mustafa joined Law Lane Solicitors in 2015 and since then he has worked in various departments in the firm and assisted senior solicitors in many cases.
Ghulam Mustafa obtained his authorisation to practise in the Immigration law in 2011 and since 2013 he has appeared in various immigration courts/tribunals and successfully represented clients in various types of Immigration & Human Rights cases. Mr Mustafa is currently leading the Immigration & Asylum team at Law Lane Solicitors, and he is also a supervising senior case worker in the legal aid department. MR Mustafa is accredited with the Law Society as a Supervising Senior Case Worker in Immigration & Asylum Law.
Areas of expertise
Immigration, Asylum, Nationality, EU Law & Human Rights
Mustafa has an extensive experience in the field of Immigration & Asylum Law.
Mr Mustafa has appeared in the followings tribunals in the UK:
- Immigration & Asylum Chamber (Taylor House) London
- Richmond Magistrate Court, (IAC) London
- Hatton Cross Chamber (IAC) London
- Immigration & Asylum Chamber, Manchester
- Immigration & Asylum Chamber, Bradford
- Immigration & Asylum Chamber, Stoke on Trent
He has represented clients in the following serious matters in the UK:
- Immigration Deception Cases
- Marriages of Convenience Cases
- Bails & Deportations Cases
- TOEIC Certificate Fraud Cases
- Fake Documents Cases
He has obtained experience in criminal and family law, but now has a specialised and successful immigration practice. Ghulam Mustafa’s work often involves a combination of family, criminal, property and immigration law.
Mr Mustafa work involves representing applications for the following:
- Entry clearance
- Family life applications
- Asylum claims and family reunification
- European Economic Area (EEA) applications
- Points based immigration applications
- Appeals to the Immigration Tribunals
- Advocacy in the Immigration Tribunals
- Human Rights & Complicated Immigration Matters
- Asylum & Discretionary Leave Cases
- Admin Reviews/Reconsideration matters
Mr Mustafa has a very broad experience in working with a wide range of vulnerable clients including victims of torture, victims of domestic violence and trafficking. He has successfully challenged decisions made by the Secretary of State for the Home Department over the years.
Family, Wills and Probate
Ghulam Mustafa has extensive experience in a wide range of matters. This includes cases representing clients in:
- Divorce & Financial settlements.
- Cohabitation issues.
- Domestic violence & occupation disputes.
- Private Law children proceedings, including residence, prohibited steps, specific issues, and child arrangement applications.
- Voluntary Care Agreements Under Section 20 of the Children Act; and
- Applications for Special Guardianship and Parental Responsibility.
Mr Mustafa has expertise in this area such as handling the following:
- Contesting a will
- Estate administration (probate/intestacy)
- Writing or updating a will
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Family Break up wills
- Making a will – trust and trustees
Mr Mustafa has dealt with numerous cases that arise between business partners, directors, and shareholders because there are no clear, concise and comprehensible documents setting out respective roles, duties and obligations of each. Mr Mustafa work to endeavour to minimise the risk of any disputes between parties by providing you with the documents you need to assist the commencement of your business and business relationship, with the least fuss.
Mr Mustafa has expertise in handling criminal matters where they are connected to Immigration matters. He has been involved in cases covering a wide range of offences from road traffic, through to major cases concerning foreign criminal cases where deportation is involved, cases under the Proceed of Crime Act. Mr Mustafa regularly instructs Duty Solicitors when dealing with cases at the Police Station stages and regularly updates himself with new developments in the criminal law.