- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: 07970286466
Designation: Director, Barrister
Languages: English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Mirpuri
- Human Rights
- Business Immigration
- Family Law
- Crime Law
- Road Traffic Offences
Ghulam Mustafa is a practicing barrister of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple. He specialises in various areas of law but mainly deals with Immigration, Asylum, Nationality Law and Human Rights. He also regularly advises on Employment and Criminal Law. Mr Mustafa also specialises in Public Law, Judicial Reviews, Family Law and Road Traffic Offences.
Career & Expertise
Mr Mustafa is a well-known lawyer in the community. He has been working in the UK legal sector since 2005 when he started working with a west London based solicitor firm. From 2005 till 2010, Mr Mustafa worked with various Law firms in London and gained first-hand experience under the supervision of his seniors.
Mustafa specialises in human rights and public law, with an emphasis on immigration, asylum, nationality and EU law. He has the unique experience of working at a law firm as well as an independent barrister. He regularly appears on TV and in online and print media. He is also a very active in the local community issues and provide his professional advice for free to members of various local and international organisations and charities.
Mustafa’s practice involves representing clients at immigration appeals before the Immigration and Asylum Chambers of the First-tier Tribunal, against Home Office decisions. He has advocated on behalf of individuals and families in numerous human rights appeals, asylum appeals, appeals relating to European nationals and their family members, deprivation of citizenship and deportation appeals and has often worked with vulnerable appellants and witnesses.
Mustafa has been involved in immigration law long before qualifying as a barrister, having undertaken work in the field of Immigration Law as an OISC regulated adviser since 2011 and quickly became accredited as a Senior (Level 2) Caseworker under the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme. Following that, Mr Mustafa merged his Immigration law firm with Law Lane Solicitors in 2015 which is one of the leading immigration law firm in London and became accredited as a Supervising Senior Caseworker under the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme. Within that role, Mustafa represented individuals in their dealings with the Home Office, as well as during proceedings before the Tribunals. He specialised in assisting individuals in immigration detention with matters of bail, asylum, deportation, trafficking, human rights and particularly with bringing public law challenges by way of Judicial Review.
As a Direct Access Barrister, his clients can instruct him directly and Direct access appeals to him for two reasons: firstly, it can often provide better value for money for the client; and secondly, he enjoys meeting his clients and dealing with them directly.
Mr Mustafa is currently leading the Immigration & Asylum team at Law Lane Solicitors, and previously he was also a Supervising Senior Case Worker in the legal aid department. Mr Mustafa is accredited with the Law Society as a Supervising Senior Case Worker in Immigration & Asylum Law.
Education & Qualifications
- Studied LLB (Hons) at The University of Wales
- Studied Master of Laws (LLM) at The University of Buckinghamshire New University
- Studied Legal Practice Course (LPC) at The University of Law, London
- Studied Bar Transfer Training Course (BTT) at The BPP University, London
Areas Of Expertise
- Immigration & Point Based System
- Business Immigration
- Nationality & EU Law
- Asylum & Human Rights
- Criminal Law
- Road Traffic Offences
- Employment Law
- Property Law
National & International Memberships
- The Law Society of England & Wales
- The Honourable Society of The Inner Temple, London
- International Lawyers Club United Kingdom (ILCUK)
- Advocate High Court, Pakistan
- Punjab Bar Council, Pakistan
- The Criminal Bar Association of England & Wales
- Liberty Human Rights
- Founder, member & current Chairman of The International Lawyers Club UK (ILCUK)
- Organised and spoke at an international conference held in London on Panama Leaks
- Organised and spoke at an international conference held in London on Counter Terrorism & Human Rights
- Regularly appear on national & international TV/Radio
- Regularly appeared as a guest lawyer in Zee TV show (Immigration Tuesdays)
- Appeared in various talk shows on current legal issues
- Appeared in various talk shows on national & international politics
- Delivered a speech at the International Conference on the Role of Law & Armed Conflict
- Received various Excellent Community Services Awards from national and international organisations