We at Law Lane Solicitors Housing department have expertise in dealing with a range of Housing Law matters such as when you are risk of losing your home or if you are street homeless, when your current property is unsuitable for your or your family to occupy or if you are facing nuisance or harassment from your neighbours.
If you have tried to resolve the matter yourselves but have been unsuccessful, we would be happy to step in and find a solution that’s in your best interest.
If you have been living in rented accommodation and have been experiencing disrepair or if you are a landlord whose tenant has filed a disrepair claim against you, contact our Housing Disrepair specialists.
If you have attempted to contact your Council or Housing Association regarding the disrepair or the substandard level of work carried out on your property and they have chosen to ignore your approach, then we are at hand to fight your corner and claim the compensation which you rightly deserve.
- Issues with boilers or heating systems
- Issues with gas, electricity or water supply
- Damp and condensation
- Growth and build-up on building exterior
- Unsafe flooring or staircases
- Issues with cracks to render to brickwork
- Issues with drains or gutters
- Damaged/leaking roof or guttering
- Broken/rotten windows and doors
- Broken bathroom fittings
- Internal damage to wallpaper, paint, carpets and curtains (if included in the tenancy)
- Damaged/faulty electrics
- Any other damage to the property you are leasing
We have a range of funding options to conduct your case including Legal Aid and Conditional Fee Agreement, subject to terms and conditions.
Landlord & Tenant Disputes
We specialise in dealing with a range of landlord and tenants disputes such as:
- Possession under Section 21 and Section 8 of the Housing Act 2004
- Unlawful eviction under Section 1 of the Prevention from Eviction Act 1977
- Tenancy deposit disputes
- House in multiple occupation licence and selective licensing as well as other licensing disputes
- Disputes with Tenancy Agreements