Price information for assistance with the preparation and submission of Immigration applications, excluding Asylum applications
Our Quoted Fees Include:
- Reviewing and considering documentation
- Attendance on the client
- Taking instructions and providing advice
- Preparing and submitting the application
Our Quoted Fees Do Not Include:
- VAT: this applies in cases where people already have Leave to Remain in the UK. This should be added to our figures at 20%. If you are making an initial application for Leave, VAT is not applicable.
- Disbursements: these are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees and interpreters’ fees. See more details below.
- The costs quoted here do not include fees for work if the Home Office refuse your application and advice and assistance in relation to any appeal.
The Work Will Involve:
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you
- Preparing a list of documents required for the application
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how
- Considering the supporting evidence that you have provided
- Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses
- Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take X hours
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice to prepare you for your attendance at the interview
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take
Time Frame For Immigration Applications:
The length of time that it will take to complete the work will depend on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times
All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
Disbursements (Not Included In The Pricing Set Out Above)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of any disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. These are not included in the fees quoted above as they vary depending on what work is required.
|Immigration Health Surcharge is required in every application (apart from Indefinite Leave to Remain or Naturalisation). Read the current IHS fees|
|Annual per person fee||£624.00|
|Home Office fees||Read the current Home Office fees|
|Judicial Review fees|
|Application Notice fee (may not applicable)||£255.00|
|Translation fees: variable dependant on language and number of words.|
|Interpreters fees: These fees are difficult to estimate, and we will have to obtain a quote from a third-party interpreter whom we will use. Sometimes only a couple of hours is needed with an interpreter, other applications may need 10 or 15 hours. The number of hours needed will vary on the complexities of the case. Clients do not always need to use an interpreter of our choosing and may bring a friend or associate to come and help interpret.|
|Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.||£1,500.00 – £5,000.00|
Pricing For Work Done In Relation To Applications For Leave To Remain
Fixed fee for an initial application for Leave to Remain: Starting from £800 (Grade D fee earner [Paralegal/Trainee]) to £1,500 (Grade A fee earner [Director/Solicitors with 8 years plus qualification]).
This price will increase for any additional family members that are approximately calculated at a fee of £300 per person.
This fee does not include VAT or disbursements. Please see above for more information about these.
The fees may change if it is a first-time application or extension or if there are more complex circumstances such as if there are medical issues, criminal convictions, complicated personal situations, the language of the client, the number of supporting documents or witnesses, possible attendance at a Home Office interview, and whether it is a fast-tracked/premium application. This work will be estimated based on our hourly rates and will be dependent on what additional work is required.
Other Areas Of Immigration Work At Law Lane Solicitors:
Please enquire directly for our fees in relation to the other areas of Immigration work below if not included here.
- Asylum applications
- Statelessness applications
- Human rights/private life applications
- Applications for Secretary of State immigration bail
- Reconsideration and legacy requests
- Judicial review, such as claims for unlawful detention
- Immigration services to businesses (e.g. applications for certificates of sponsorship or confirmation of acceptance for studies)
- Other matters
Law Lane Solicitors Ltd has provided the materials on this website for informational purposes only which does not, and cannot, constitute a legal advice. The use of this site does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Additionally, email or other communication with our representatives through this site should not be considered confidential or privileged.