If you and your family are citizens of the EU, you may apply to the EU Settlement Programme to stay in the UK until December 31, 2020.
EU Settlement Scheme For EU Nationals & Their Family Members
The EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) provides a basis for resident EEA and Swiss citizens and their family members to apply for the UK immigration status they will need in order to remain in the UK. It is consistent with the Withdrawal Agreement with the European Union reached on October 17, 2019 and with the citizens’ rights agreements reached with the other European Economic Area (EEA) countries and Switzerland. The European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020 has made these agreements legally binding under UK law at this time.
The EU Settlement Scheme usually grants one of the following immigration statuses:
- Indefinite leave to enter (ILE) (where the application is made outside the UK)
- Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) (where the application is made within the UK) – also referred to for the purposes of the scheme as ‘settled status’
- 5 years limited leave to enter (LTE) (where the application is made outside the UK)
- 5 years limited leave to remain (LTR) (where the application is made within the UK) – also referred to as ‘pre-settled status’
If you and your family choose to remain in the UK beyond 30 June 2021, you may apply to the EU Settlement Scheme if you are a citizen of the EU, EEA, or Switzerland. If you live in Northern Ireland and are a family member of an eligible person, you may also apply. Depending on the outcome of your application, you will either receive settled or pre-settled status. Along with the EU nations, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway are also included in the EEA.
If you already have indefinite leave to remain or are an Irish citizen, you could be able to continue in the UK without applying.
Applications Under The EU Settlement Scheme
The different applications that may be submitted under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) are as follows:
- EUSS Family Permit
- Pre-settled Status Application
- Settled Status Application
- Frontier Worker Visa UK
- Administrative Review (AR) Of Refusal Of Pre-settled or Settled Status Application
Law Lane Solicitors Ltd has provided the materials on this website for informational purposes only which does not, and cannot, constitute a legal advice. The use of this site does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Additionally, email or other communication with our representatives through this site should not be considered confidential or privileged.