Family Visa

To join or stay with your family member who is a UK resident, you can apply for a family visa. Our knowledgeable family visa lawyers can assist with family visas in the UK.
UK Family Visa (Apply To Stay With Your Family Member In The UK)

If you are outside of the UK, you may be able to apply for a family visa for the UK to join your family member there, or if you are already in the UK, you may be able to apply to stay with your family member there. Applications for family visas may be made by members of the following groups: British Citizens/Settled Persons; EU Nationals with Pre-Settled or Settled Status in the UK; Work Visa Holders; Members of the Armed Forces; Students; Refugees; and Members of the Family of Persons with Leave to Remain as Stateless Persons.

Specialist Solicitors For Family Visas

Our family visa solicitors specialise in all forms of UK family visa applications. As one of the leading family visa law firms, our team of family visa attorneys offers quick, amiable, trustworthy, and fixed-fee family visa services for all varieties of UK family visas. Ask one of our highly qualified family visa solicitors a question for immigration assistance, or make an online appointment request to schedule a consultation and thorough immigration guidance.

Priority & Super Priority Service

The majority of family visa applications from outside the UK can be submitted using Priority Service, which will result in decisions being made on settlement family applications within 6 to 8 weeks instead of the standard 12 week waiting period and decisions being made on non-settlement family applications within 5 working days instead of the standard 4 to 8 week waiting period.

Instead of using standard service, which can frequently take between 3 and 6 months to receive a decision on the family visa application, almost all applications made from within the UK can be submitted to the Home Office UKVI using either priority service (to get decision within 5 working days) or super priority service (to get decision within 24 hours).

We are registered with the Home Office, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI), and its business partners UKVCAS Sopra Steria to offer priority and super priority service for family visa applications, meaning that the Home Office UKVI may make a decision on your application more quickly than the typical waiting times. We are specialist family visa solicitors with multiple offices in London.

Our family visa attorneys can help you create a family visa application that you can send to the Home Office, UKVI, or both using priority or super priority services, and you can receive a quick response to your application. You won’t have to wait months – or even years – for the outcome of your family application if you do this.

Family Visas For Related Parties Of British Residents/Settlers

Family members of British Citizens and Settled Persons (carrying ILR) can apply for family visa to reside with the UK sponsor on the basis of their relation with the British Citizen or settled person. The following list includes the numerous family visa applications that family members of British citizens or legally established persons may submit to the Home Office UKVI:

  • FiancĂ©(e) Visa Entry Clearance For UK
  • Proposed Civil Partner Visa For UK
  • UK Spouse Visa (5 Years Route)
  • UK Spouse Visa (10 Years Route)
  • Unmarried Partner Visa (5 Years Route)
  • Unmarried Partner Visa (10 Years Route)
  • UK Civil Partner Visa (5 Years Route)
  • UK Civil Partner Visa UK (10 Years Route)
  • UK Same Sex Partner Visa (5 Years Route)
  • UK Same Sex Partner Visa (10 Years Route)
  • Adult Dependent Relative (ADR) Visa
  • ILR As A Victim Of Domestic Violence
  • ILR As A Bereaved Partner
  • Parent Of British Child Visa
  • Children Of British Citizen/Settled Persons
  • Adopted Children Of British Citizens / Settled Persons
  •  Bringing Surrogate Children Born Abroad To The UK
Family Visas for Relatives of EU Citizens

The EU Settlement Scheme (SUSS) allows family members of EU citizens to apply for pre-settled or settled status in the UK and live and work in the UK with their EU citizen. With regard to your applications for pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, our knowledgeable team of EU law solicitors may offer legal advice and assistance.

The following are the various family visa applications for family members of EU citizens:

  • EEA Family Permit
  • Pre-settled Status Application
  • Settled Status Application
Family Visas For Family Participants Of Occupants Of Work Visas

You can apply for a dependent visa to join or remain in the UK with a person who has a work visa if you are that person’s dependent spouse, partner, or child. For a variety of dependent visa applications, our knowledgeable team of solicitors may offer quick, amiable, trustworthy, and fixed-fee legal services. Applications for dependent visas include:

  • UK visa applications as PBS dependants of Points Based Migrants
  • UK visa application as dependants of Appendix W workers e.g. dependants of Start-up migrant, dependants of Innovator migrant and dependants of Global Talent visa migrant
  • Dependants of other various work visa holder e.g. dependants of UK ancestry migrants, dependants of sole representative of an overseas business, dependants of overseas media representative, dependants of Turkish ECAA Businesspersons and Workers.
Family Visas For Members Of HM Forces

Under Appendix Armed Forces to the Immigration Rules, family members of HM Forces, Members of Non-HM Forces, and Relevant Civilian Employees may apply for a family visa. The following are some of the applications that HM Forces family members, non-HM Forces family members, and relevant civilian employees may submit:

  • Partners Of Members Of HM Forces


Law Lane Solicitors Ltd has provided the materials on this website for informational purposes only which does not, and cannot, constitute a legal advice. The use of this site does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Additionally, email or other communication with our representatives through this site should not be considered confidential or privileged.